This is a very well-executed copy of an early 1700s Stradivarius violin in Baroque setup. It is an excellent instrument for the experienced player who is keen to exploring the use of a proper Baroque violin to play Baroque material.
The Soloist Baroque Model is by Calvert Violins of Owings Mills, MD, USA. As with all Calvert Violin instruments, the Soloist Baroque is made in Hong Kong by an old German-Chinese lutherie (ViolMasters) with materials supplied by International Violin Company, Ltd., Calvert's parent company. International Violin is well-known and respected by anyone involved in violin making or repair. We have been dealing with International Violin for almost 40 years!
- The Soloist Baroque violin is a concert level instrument equivalent in quality to Calvert's extremely popular Soloist.
- Made from the highest quality European spruce and well-flamed maple
- A bona fide baroque violin in every way, including neck-set, fingerboard and bass bar
- Fingerboard is of the solid maple type with decorative inlay
- Tailpiece is also maple with matching inlay motif
- Strung with Chorda period gut strings (with copper wound g)
Revelle Pro 1000 oblong suspension case is included.
Bow is NOT included. If you want us to obtain a nice Baroque bow for you, please tell us. We can generally obtain a good quality authentic Baroque bow to suite your preference in the $300 - $400 price range.
Our email is don@DonRickertDesign.com and phone number is (404) 828-0136.